Re: gEDA-user: thermal vias in pcb

So, anyway, should I specify some kind of pin with clearance smaller
than the pad? How can I keep pcb's DRC from whining? I'm sure the answer is simple but I'm not sure how to approach it.

TIA,
 dave

One way I can think of is the way a connector with many redundant connections to the same conductor works. They all have the same pin name in pcb, and in the gschem symbol, there is only need for one pin with the matching name. That way requires attaching your heatsink zone to a net as a symbol in your schematic.
Then DRC will make sure your heatsink zone is there, and won't complain about unconnected pins.

Is there a way to have DRC not complain for a no name pin? I think yes, but have not tested it. Then the pin name would be null, "", or no such attrib attached. The DRC would find proximity trouble, but would not ensure the heatsink zone was included.

John Griessen