Re: gEDA-user: gch2pcb problem

On Wed, Mar 07, 2007 at 08:54:17PM -0600, Doug Glidden wrote:

> I'm having a problem with the gsch2pcb utility.  In trying to convert my
> schematic (http://mrperson.org/mortimer/schematic.tar.gz), I have found
> that the m4 process seems to get stuck somewhere along the way.

It's almost certainly the bug I reported a few weeks ago on the list.
There's a for loop definition in m4 that is essentially:

	for (var = start; var != end; incr var) ...

If the caller chooses a non-integral 'end', it will loop forever and fill
your disk.  I posted a patch to change that to an eval less-than comparison
rather from a string equality.

One package that had this bug was SIP, which I also fixed because it was
mostly broken in the silk drawing.  If you're using SIP n, try JUMPERn
instead.

--
Ben Jackson AD7GD
<ben@xxxxxxx>