Re: gEDA-user: scons

[snip]
> I would argue that this is not true at all.  You still need to write
> portable code.  In my mind, the biggest thing autotools bring are a) a
> consistent way to configure and build and b) some framework to help
> figure out if required dependencies exist and c) a framework for running
> tests to deal with differences in OS that you can't avoid by just
> writing more portable code.

And I like the autotools since they also add:

d) the functionality to create source distribution tarballs with minimal
amounts of pain (make dist)
and
e) the ability to automatically run various tests while building above
mentioned source tarballs (make distcheck).

Speaking of which, I am fixing make check in gnetlist to work with make
distcheck and now it will be impossible to create a new version of gnetlist
without the regression tests passing.

-Ales