Re: gEDA-user: pictures of symbols

> > Is there an easy command line way to generate an image (png or
> > whatever) from a gschem symbol file? I'd like to catalogue my
> > symbols for other users and a little picture would be nice.
>
> I've also asked for a command line "print this schematic" option, and
> Ales is working on it (or at least, it's on his to-do list).

If you have an X server available you can do it now:

gschem -o output.ps -s print.scm -p $i

where print.scm can be found at ${prefix}/share/gEDA/scheme

If you don't have an X server, then you can use Xvfb.

If you oppose Xvfb, then then answer is no, you can't print a schematic
from the command line.  If it is possible (and I find the time) to add
this functionality to gschlas, then I'll add it.

-Ales