Re: gEDA-user: freedog pictures

Stuart Brorson <sdb@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Actually, I've often thought that we should advertise gEDA to the big
> chip guys as a method to distribute reference designs -- schematics,
> layouts, and Gerbers.

Yeah, right...  When you find a chip vendor like that, please let me
know.

Anyone care to guess what kind of "reference design" I have received
from the vendor for the chip in my design (RS8973 HDSL/SDSL transceiver)?
They gave me an encrypted ZIP and refused to tell me the password,
requiring me to expend 5 months of CPU time to crack it by brute force
(trying all 95 printable ASCII chars including space, turned out to be
7 chars long).

You can read the full gory details here:

http://ifctfvax.Harhan.ORG/OpenSDSL/mindspeed.html

MS