Re: gEDA-user: Feedback

On 3/10/07, Gary Fiber <gfiber@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Anyone on the list using gEDA with a CNC PCB router? If so what program
are they using to get the Gerber to g code?
I am in process of building a small CNC router, right now its the
Rockcliffmachine.com and possible Crankorgan.corm  "Brute".
Is there a way of grabbing all the gEDA docs and having that local on my
computer. I don't always want to go on line to look up an answer.

Gary,

I have been working on a program to convert Gerbers to gcode.  So far it is not completely working.  It should output a good gcode file for drilling the vias as long as you have drill bits for all the via sizes that you used on the PCB.  Parsing out the trace edges is still a work in progress.  I  am trying to clean up the code some and support rectangular pads right now.  It might work ok for a very simple PCB, but most likely you would have to do a lot of editing by hand to fix the problems.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/gerbertogcode/

I am also using EMC for my gcode testing.

Matthew