Re: gEDA-user: Printer calibration issue?

>An alternate idea is to get expresspcb's proprietary software, run it,
>and take a screenshot - and use that as a background in pcb.

That is actually what I did, so no problems there.

>Yes.  Note: trust the footprints and the PCB grid to be right; use the
>photo for placement hints only.

Most of the footprints will have to be custom, based closely on those in my screenshot: a lot of these parts have no footprints in PCB (e.g. some of the smaller resistors, the voltage regulator, the crystal, etc...). Perhaps I could simply trace along the screenshot, then print, then check my printouts against real components, then recalibrate in PCB?