Re: gEDA-user: Google Summer of Code on gEDA Webpages

On Sunday 11 March 2007 21:31, Ales Hvezda wrote:
>  All the "I like my GUI better than your GUI" discussions are
> so old and has been discussed to death on the mailing lists.

I don't think that is what they are saying.  At least I hope
not.  Rather  ..  "this one has some neat ideas...".

Well ...  gschem has some neat ideas too.  I particularly like
that it makes very good looking schematics.  Much better than
any of the so-called "professional" schematic programs.  Of all
that I have used, it is the only one that I feel comfortable
publishing, without apology.

I also like that it is a schematic entry program, not one of
those pretty but restricted "integrated environments".  I
prefer issuing the commands to the simulator myself.

Teachers are doing severe harm to their students by insisting on
(even tolerating) integrated environments for everything.

I don't think anyone is advocating copying the GUI of another
program.