Re: gEDA-user: Google Summer of Code on gEDA Webpages

On Sunday 11 March 2007 05:42, Werner Hoch wrote:
> Al, I'm sorry. Whenever I talk about spice, I mean a circuit
> simulator. I don't want to discriminate gnucap (or any other
> ciruit simulator.

I think of Spice as limited to what spice does, circuits with
limited probes, built-in devices, etc.

Today, there are non-spice simulators that are usually
considered to be superior, but very expensive, generally out of
reach of many.  Among them are Spectre, behavioral simulators
(Verilog-AMS, MAST, ...), "fast-spice", mixed-signal.

The purpose of gnucap is to move beyond spice, into that turf of
the premium non-spice simulators.  I would not have bothered at
all if the goal was to be just another spice.