Re: gEDA-user: PCB - rectangular holes

> I didn't see any notes about how to make rectangular instead of
> round holes.

You need square drills :-P

>   Is there an easy way to do this?  In my current board I have some
> pretty huge round holes when a nice small rectangle would have
> worked nicely.  Is this something that's hard for board houses to
> make?

For anything other than "round holes up to X diameter" the fab house
usually uses a mill, not a drill.  Hence, such features would be
called out on the mechanical (outline) drawing, not the cnc drill
file.  So, draw them in "copper" on a layer named "outline" and talk
with the fab house about them.

As for PCB, you'd have to define the "pin" in terms of 2 or 4 pins and
1 or 2 pads to shape a round-corner rectangle.  You may be able to do
it with one pad if the shape is right.