Re: gEDA-user: Re: How to program PAL/GAL?

I still use GALs, especially GAL16V8 for simple projects e.g. decoders,
special chars generators etc. For compiling equations to JEDEC format
I use free OpalJr. - simple and minimalistic but does it's job. Problem
is with programming, I use a proffesional programmer and I don't know
about any simple interface simillar to JTAG for Xilinx. So the only
problem for easy GAL programming is programmer.

OpalJr. contains also PAL2GAL converter.

Richard Balogh

PS: I did try to add also the link to the OpalJr. software and
after short search, there is a  nice overview of tools:

  http://www.armory.com/~rstevew/Public/Pgmrs/GAL/jedec.htm