Re: gEDA-user: Looking for a project

> Does anyone have some good ideas for me?  I'm a hardware guy with lots
> of experience in building radios and audio systems (RF and audio).

A few months ago I joined a project to develop a GSM Scanner [1], at the
moment we are using a USRP [2] and GnuRadio [3] software to capture and
process the RF signals.  The basic USRP setup is fairly expensive and
even more so if you want to listen to the RX and TX channels.

The project on my to-do list would be to combine some of the features of
the USRP and SSRP [4], and create a cheaper receiver which is capable of
capturing two ranges of frequency's at once.

Robert

1. http://scratchpad.wikia.com/wiki/Gsm
2. http://www.ettus.com/
3. http://www.gnuradio.org/