Re: gEDA-user: Flame about XML (was: Some footprints I tried to create)

On Mar 14, 2007, at 9:10 PM, Michael Sokolov wrote:
Sure, you can always fork.  But as DJ pointed out...how, exactly,
are you running PCB on an ASCII terminal?

I don't. I plan on hiring someone else to do the layout when I get to that stage. But I want to do all preceding steps first using my scripted text-based Ancient UNIX environment.

And just for completeness, I do have access to an X11 graphical display
for when I really need one. I just don't *like* using it. When a tool
requires the use of a GUI for a task that *could* be done in a scripted
text-based environment, it hampers my productivity.

Well...The value of a fully scriptable environment is clear to anyone but the greenest newbies, but I think you may be taking it a bit far. That's just my opinion, and it's worth every penny you paid for it, of course.

          -Dave

--
Dave McGuire
Port Charlotte, FL