gEDA-user: Re: Flame about XML (was: Some footprints I tried to create)

Michael Sokolov wrote:
> Dan McMahill <dan@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> vi layout.pcb
>> pcb -x gerber layout.pcb
>
> Thank you, Dan, for expressing it so succinctly!  This is exactly how I
> use PCB at the present moment.  Of course it would be just a tad too
> difficult to do the whole layout this way, but that's exactly why I plan
> on hiring someone else to do the layout for me [...]

So I am noticing that your refusing to use modern tools just
because they are modern has rendered you unable to do your tasks
yourself.

That's fine, of course, because that other person who's not
neo-amish (your words, not mine) gets your money. Of course I
wonder if that person would be able to make your PCB layout with
an ASCII terminal... these things used to be done with ink on
paper, but that might cost you a bit more.

http://www.icarus.com         and lines to code before I sleep,