Re: gEDA-user: Where to place pcb footprints?

If you mean where pcb finds footprints, displayed in its "library"
window, then you can set this in ~/.pcb/preferences. I have a line:
"library-newlib = ./footprints:/home/des0prb/pcb/geda/footprints" in
there.

Personally I don't ever use the pcb library window though, because I
always do pcbs from schematics. Here what matters is where gsch2pcb
looks for its footprints. I put this in a project file in the working
directory for the design, using a line like
"elements-dir /home/des0prb/pcb/geda/footprints"
I believe you can also specify this on the command line to gsch2pcb, but
I find the project file approach more convenient. Make is an alternative
of course.

Hope this helps. If others have better ways of doing this, I'd be glad
to hear them.

--
Peter Baxendale <peter.baxendale@xxxxxxxxxxxx>