Re: gEDA-user: A suggestion about the stuff on gedasymbols

A couple of thoughts on that...

Gedasymbols is primarily a contributor place, not a replacement for
the shipped libraries.  Symbols which have proven themselves, and are
popular, should be migrated from gedasymbols to the official
libraries.

I'm trying to make it as easy as possible for people to contribute
symbols and footprints.  Thus, adding more restrictions on how things
are contributed goes against my purposes.

There's overlap between contributors; how would I pick which ones to
use?

The current system (to each their own) doesn't require any work on my
part, and scales well.  Trying to organize the whole thing would not
be trivial.  Such efforts are better spent on the official libraries.

Combining them that way would lose attribution, unless I modified the
files somehow to include it.  We really want feedback to go to the
authors, so they can track the quality of their contributions.  Such
history is useful when trying to merge them into official libraries.