gEDA-user: A suggestion about the stuff on gedasymbols

Can we store all the contributed symbols, footprints, and the like
in two forms: one per-contributor as it is now, and the other in
a single well-structured and usable tree which can be downloaded
and used by a geda user?

When a geda user downloads and uses these components from
a contributed repository, he will look upon it as something to use,
not as the work of a specific author. So the author-specific view
of the material is not directly usable... it needs to be re-sorted
first.

A larger question: can we arrive at a sort of "standard" for
organising the components in the various geda libraries? Any
standard is better than none, I feel.  By a standard for organising
this stuff, all I meant is a directory structure, I think. (For now
at least.)

Tarun