gEDA-user: new installation question

Hi all, I just set up a second system with gEDA from the cvs repository, and gschem and pcb are working fine.  Gschem finds my custom library gschem-sym without problems.  However, when I run gschem2pcb project, with project being

elements-dir ~/gaf/pcb-elements
schematics ershad.sch
output-name ershad

I'm getting these errors, and the footprints aren't appearing:

Component [lm1117.sym] was not found in any component library
Component [RCM4000.sym] was not found in any component library
WARNING: Found a placeholder/missing component, are you missing a symbol file? [lm1117.sym]
WARNING: Found a placeholder/missing component, are you missing a symbol file? [ RCM4000.sym]

Any ideas how to fix?

Many thanks,
Craig