Re: gEDA-user: Some Linux distros to consider

I'm pretty sure gEDA will work well with any distro out there.  My goal here was to find
one that I can download, burn, install, have the latest version of firefox and openoffice,
and then install gEDA with minimum hassle.  Also, I've been following some of the distros

I second Larry's and Al's opinion. Use Debian.

I had been using Debian since 1998 and other distros before that. gEDA
and associated stuff is available in the Debian. I suggest using
Debian "testing" or "unstable" branch. I run the "unstable" branch and
update the packages every weekend.

--
 Ramakrishnan - VU3RDD