Re: gEDA-user: Some Linux distros to consider

Jason Elder wrote:
[...]
> Finally I settled on OpenSUSE 10.2 with the GNOME desktop.  SUSE has older versions of both firefox and openoffice, but needed to make a choice so I settled on this one.  I really like it, especially the GNOME desktop with the X-sumthin-or-other that adds desktop effects with an open-gl enabled card (I have an nvidia 5500).  The effects are really cool...I like the way I can make the desktops become cube faces and switch between each one using ctrl+alt+left-mouse-click.  I don't know what the package is..I'll post it if there's interest.  It's really cool!

I hope I did not overlook some post and someone had already done this,
but I want to point out that there are some RPMs for openSuse available.

The following list shows what is available for 10.2:

http://software.opensuse.org/download/home:/werner2101/openSUSE_10.2/repodata/

Those files are available from Suse 9.3 to openSuse 10.2 and can be
found in the respective subfolder from here:

http://software.opensuse.org/download/home:/werner2101/

Cheers,

Guenter