Re: gEDA-user: PCB Short and solder bridge elements.

On 3/29/07, Steven Michalske <smichalske@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The workaround i currently use is to draw up using normal 0603 parts
and after my design meets DRC and has no shorted nets, I go through
and manually short the elements.
The dilemma here is that this is not error-proof, it also provides a
dilemma when I accidently route a trace between pads on larger parts,
think 2512.

What suggestions can you folks come up with,  is this something that
we should build into PCB,  the ability for an element to have two
pins electrically connected, but be separate nets.

Your manual process would be easy to automate with a script. Make a special footprint for your shorted-pads element, search for that element in the PCB file, save the pad coordinates and add a trace on the appropriate layer.

(* jcl *)