gEDA-user: PCB Short and solder bridge elements.

At work we have two elements that we use pretty extensively for making connections that are rarely configured.

The first element is basically a surface mount device such as a 0603 but are shorted through the middle. This is useful for filters that might need to be added later on and not needing a 0 Ohm resistor placed.
It is also useful for placing a sense resistor for current in dev boards, and only add the component when necessary.

The second element is basically a solder bridge. This is two pads placed close together without solder mask in between.
This element I can make, it's relatively trivial

The first element on the other hand is harder. I Want to have separate net names on each side of the element, and not have the connection checker declare the nets are shorted.
The workaround i currently use is to draw up using normal 0603 parts and after my design meets DRC and has no shorted nets, I go through and manually short the elements.
The dilemma here is that this is not error-proof, it also provides a dilemma when I accidently route a trace between pads on larger parts, think 2512.

What suggestions can you folks come up with, is this something that we should build into PCB, the ability for an element to have two pins electrically connected, but be separate nets.

Steve