gEDA-user: "pcblander" Land Pattern Generator Available

I just released this on an older FPGA symbol thread, but thought I should make a new thread as well, as I thought people would like to know about a new pcb land pattern generator (see below).

Steve

It's on my company website in a hidden directory (you have to know it's there already in order to find it), www.catalinacomputing.com/gEDA. To try it out, download the files (or the bin.zip file) and put the bin directory in your path. All the things to try out are in the bin/demos directory.

There are 2 example scripts, fpga.tragegen and fpga.djboxsymgen for creating fpga symobols. The first creates .trage output files, and the 2nd creates .djboxsym files. To create symbols run tragegen on one of the two scripts and then run tragesym on the .trgage or djboxsym.pl on the ..djboxsum files. Use the tragesym in the bin directory (v0.0.8). As I mentioned, djboxsym.pl doesn't handle the sequence numbers properly (anyone have a version that works for BGAs?).

Also, there's a script called pcblander. It's a flexible tool for generating pcb land patterns. There are some .lander files in the demos directory that can be run with pcblander to create footprints. If you are interested in using scripts to generate land patterns, type pcblander <lander file>. I tried to put in a variety of lander examples and a template.lander file so you can see all the things that can be done with pcblander. It's been very useful to me, I generate all my land patterns with it, and though I'm sure there are some bugs, it's pretty well tested.