Re: gEDA-user: PCB: how to clear soldermask from entire footprint

David Koski wrote:

On Fri, 5 Nov 2004 19:50:09 -0500
DJ Delorie <dj@delorie.com> wrote:

Good point. I'll probably do that. But the pads are rounded (they
don't have to be) and I would rather have a straight edge of the
mask.

You could put a pad lengthwise just off the edge of the board, and use
its mask. The relief would have to be large enough to cover the whole
edge connector.

Will that effect the DRC or cause the vendors DRC to fail?

David

If the dummy Pads dimensions are large enough to pass the drc (i think some minimum size is required) then PCB won't generate a drc error. Instruct the vendor to remove the dummy pad and then it won't effect them as well.

Steve Meier