Re: gEDA-user: Using underlying schematics

I use gnetlist to generate the netlist.

gnetlist -gPCB -o HierarchySimple.net HierarchySimple.sch

note just give gnetlist the top level schematic.

Steve Meier

Steve Meier wrote:

Peter,

Try this.....

First edit the system-commonrc file.. Mine is found in
/usr/local/share/gEDA.

Add the following lines

(source-library ".")
(source-library-search ".")

Then create a project directory and insert the following attached files
HierarchySimple.sch, HierarchySimple1.sch and HierarchySimple2.sch

Put the following symbol files into a symbol directory such as
/usr/local/share/gEDA/sym/local

HierarchySimple1.sym and HierarchySimple2.sym

Change Directory to your project directory.

run gschem HierarchySimple.sch

Click on the HierarchySimple1 symbol

hit <Shift>H
hit d

you should now be looking at the page HierarchySimple1.sch

hit <Shift>H
hit u

you should now be at the top page

hit <Shift>H
hit s

you should now be looking at HierarchySimple.sym
click on the edit menu option pull down to the Show/Hide Inv Text

The key thing for hierarchy is the interconnect io symbols in the lower
level schematics and the io pins in the symbol files. Take a good look
at those.

Best Wishes,

Steve Meier