Re: gEDA-user: copyright on schematics, PCBs etc.

In Canada, the schematic diagram could be protected by Copyright Law for
the schematic itself, and Patent Law for the actual circuit.

As far as the PCB is concerned, it would also be protected by Copyright
Law.  There is special Law for "Integrated Circuit Topographies" in
Canada.  That too is protected.

Canadian Copyright Law is a little more strict than German Copyright Law,
and follows most of the International Conventions of Copyright.

Hope this helps.
Faisal Akber
VA3SFA