Re: gEDA-user: Universal Turin^H^H^H^H^Hmilling machine

My brother is in the process of building such a machine.  He went out and
bought a milling lathe, a Galil CNC controller, motors, and I'm not sure
what else.  He will be putting all of the hardware together.

I will help him with the software on Linux.  There seems to be CNC
software called Linux CNC at http://www.cnclinux.org/ (i think).  He said
that at his workplace they use a milling CNC to build one-off PCB's.  This
eliminates the need for chemicals etc...  However, I haven't found any
opensource Gerber to G-code (CNC language) converters.  Actually I haven't
found anything at all, but I haven't looked hard enough.

I haven't had time to look into either language to gauge how difficult it
would be to write the converter myself.

Until my brother sets up the hardware, I won't look at the software until
then.  However, I like your idea of the milling machine.

73,
Faisal