Re: gEDA-user: Universal Turin^H^H^H^H^Hmilling machine

Syed Faisal Akber wrote:

My brother is in the process of building such a machine. He went out and
bought a milling lathe, a Galil CNC controller, motors, and I'm not sure
what else. He will be putting all of the hardware together.

I will help him with the software on Linux. There seems to be CNC
software called Linux CNC at http://www.cnclinux.org/ (i think). He said
that at his workplace they use a milling CNC to build one-off PCB's. This
eliminates the need for chemicals etc... However, I haven't found any
opensource Gerber to G-code (CNC language) converters. Actually I haven't
found anything at all, but I haven't looked hard enough.

checkout emc from the NIST.