Re: gEDA-user: Any DIY USB Scope project on schedule? Or some recommmendation?

have a look at
http://www.bitscope.com/
also. Slow sampling - but maybe more linux compliant.
john

Christian Frisson wrote:
Hi,

I'm a audio-engineering student in need of a cheap portable 2-way scope that
could travel with me easily. Instead of second-hand standard oscilloscopes and
handheld advanced multimeters, the idea of a high-transfer-rate (neither serial
nor parallel) peripheral that could be attached to a computer in order to use
its screen and perfs seduced me. The latest DS1M12 "Stingray" from
USB-Instruments (http://www.usb-instruments.com/), rated at 300€ circa, looks
like a killer for what I need, and it ads tonegen and partial Linux-compliance.
I'm not into HAM radio (at least FM synthesis), so the sampling specs seem to be
suitable. When it comes to tube homebrewing, I think an X10 probe should enlarge
the 0-50V span to 0-500V without damage.

Before diving in, have I missed something particuliar that should make me turn
away?

Do you know if such a device has been turned into a DIY project? With COMEDI
(http://www.comedi.org) and/or xoscope (http://xoscope.sf.net) compliance?

Cheers,
Christian Frisson