Re: gEDA-user: question about pcb libraries lesstif HID

> I tried creating  ~/.Xdefaults with a line
>
> Pcb.lib-newlib: /home/john/EEProjects/circuitboards/footprints_pcb
>
> The footprints_pcb dir has dirs with elements in them named such as surf, thru,
> etc...

Note that .Xdefaults isn't even checked if there are resources stored
in the X server itself.  Type "xrdb -query".  If anything shows up,
those are the resources, not your .Xdefaults.  I normally "xrdb
-remove" to switch back to .Xdefaults when something tries to be
helpful, or you could use xrdb to merge the .Xdefaults changes into
the server.

Alternately, "cvs update" your pcb and you'll get the global settings
file support.  Then you can create ~/.pcb/settings (or ./pcb.settings)
with this line:

lib-newlib = /envy/dj/geda/gedasymbols/www/user/dj_delorie

and pcb will use that regardless of the GUI.