gEDA-user: Re: Board fabrication -- outline

On Tue, 10 Oct 2006 14:04:02 +0200, Stefan Salewski wrote:

> Should I rename the gerber files? (I think name of
> board.group0.gbr should be board.front.gbr, this name was used
> in pcb documentation)

I use a ascript to rename the files and the layer name definitions within
the gerbers. PCB fabs seem to prefer "top/bottom" rather than
"front/back". (Basista and beta-layout). Also, I make sure to give the
files a more distinct name than "board".

The separate outline gerber file was fine with Basista.

> Should I send all .gbr and .cnc files to board fabricator?

I did and it did not hurt. Most probably they will ignore the cnc files
and the board.fab.gbr.

> Is it necessary to send more informations to  board fabricator?

Tell them explicitly where to find the outline. I see, you used polygons.
Make sure, the fab can deal with negative gerber layers. In previous
versions of pcb there was an issue with layer names of polygon planes that
is supposed to be solved. Please report if the fab still complains.

---<(kaimartin)>---
--
Kai-Martin Knaak
http://lilalaser.de/blog