Re: gEDA-user: pcb refdes name restrictions?

Thanks for the comment on refdes values. I'll add a few things to next
year's notes for the students.

It had never occurred to me to use anything but an upper case alpha
character followed by a numeric value for a refdes, but students have a
habit of trying the unexpected. It threw me for quite a while trying to
understand what pcb was complaining about, since it referred to a "CONN"
part which wasn't in either the schematic or the pcb netlist or the pcb
file. Now I know about the lower case feature I'll know what to look for
next time.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but only lower case at the end of a refdes is
ignored by pcb (but not by gsch2pcb), so something like Rp4 is ok.