Re: gEDA-user: Driving the netlist from PCB (instead of gschem)

At 01:10 AM 10/1/2008, you wrote:

> > I didn't realize that you don't know anything about the standard.
>
>Don't jump to conclusions.

Are you knowledgeable about the standard or not?  I can't tell what
your point is.

> > no one currently supports it
>
>Good reason for us to ignore it for now, then.  We're way to small to
>get involved before there's a solid foundation of support and benefit
>behind it.

It's not even finished.  Why would you even consider doing any work
on it at this point?  But the idea is still sound and it would be a
good idea to keep abreast of progress on it.

> > >Like Microsoft and ISO?
> >
> > How is this relevant?
>
>They're a large vendor that got a standard created, but there are zero
>implementations of that standard, and likely, will never be any.

But how is it relevant to this?  There are any number of failed
projects of all sorts.  Does that somehow mean this one is a bad idea?