gEDA-user: Attribute Promotion to Schematic

I am new to gschem (as of Tuesday) so I do not know what is going on.

I have a heavy symbol with a number of attributes.

When I double click on it I only see the refdes and the pin # in the
edit attributes window.

Looking around I read:
===========================
How do I promote an invisible symbol attribute into the schematic?
Most attributes living in the symbol do not get promoted to the
schematic unless they are visible. To promote invisible symbol
attributes, look for the following keywords in the system-gschemrc
file:

(attribute-promotion "enabled");
(promote-invisible "disabled") ; ⇐ This one
(keep-invisible "enabled")

Add to your gschemrc file:

(promote-invisible "enabled")

and you will get all the attributes promoted. The “keep-invisible”
keyword will keep hidden those attributes that are hidden in the symbol
file.
============================

So I modified the .gEDA/gschemrc file in my home directory to:

============================
;load up a color scheme
(load (build-path geda-rc-path "gschem-lightbg"))  ; light background
;I need my hidden attributes
(promote-invisible "enabled")
(attribute-promotion "enabled");
;(promote-invisible "disabled") ; ⇐ This one
;(keep-invisible "enabled")
(keep-invisible "disabled") ; tried both ways with this one.

When I go to the Edit Attributes Window in gschem I still do not see any
of the other attributes.

What am I doing wrong?

Kip

--
Kipton Moravec AE5IB
"Always do right; this will gratify some people and astonish the rest."