Re: gEDA-user: Attribute Promotion to Schematic

> Add to your gschemrc file:
>
> (promote-invisible "enabled")

AH... add it to "gafrc" not "gschemrc".

Also, could you let me know where you found the information suggesting
"gschemrc". That is out of date.

I didn't know that it _wouldn't_ work for gschem, but gafrc is read by
all the tools, not just gschem. It is important that your attribute
promotion settings are correct when you get as far as gnetlist.

One final thought.. IIRC(*), attribute promotion only happens when you
place a symbol - NOT when you load an existing schematic file. You might
try  "Edit -> Update Component", but I can't reacall if that triggers
any merging of previous unpromoted attributes or not.

* (I actually should know - since I just reworked this code recently,
   but I'm not 100% sure off the top of my head.)

--
Peter Clifton

Electrical Engineering Division,
Engineering Department,