gEDA-user: pcb, crosshair snaps not to center of pads

pcb 20080202

It was my assumption that crosshair should snap to center of a pad when
Settings/Crosshair snaps to pins and pads is selected. But it does not
really snaps to center -- it snaps to center of short edge, and to two
positions for long edge.

I tried to position a rectangular pad centered on a grid point, but it
does not work because pad is not grabbed at its center.

Is there a reason for not snapping to pad center?
(I tried to make a screen shot, but crosshair was not visible.)

Best regards

Stefan Salewski