Re: gEDA-user: pnp symbol questions

Stefan Salewski wrote:
> Am Dienstag, den 07.10.2008, 18:12 -0400 schrieb Rob Butts:
>> I did read the thread.  I would like to modify the symbol so that the
>>    part in pcb does not have the G, D or S.  I'd like it to just have the
>>    flat side of the transistor.
>
> Sorry, I can not really understand your problem.
> You mentioned something like pnp-3.sym -- this is a gschem symbol, for a
> bipolar pnp transitor I think. But which footprint/pcb-element are you
> using?

I bet you want to change the silkscreen look of a footprint you used..?

To do that, copy to buffer, explode buffer to elements, paste on the layout,
edit, select, copy to buffer,(where you click sets origin), convert buffer elements to footprint,
save to footprint file.

All the above are in the command reference Pcb.

and then there's   http://www.gedasymbols.org/user/andrew_mccubbin/footprints/TO220_STAND_OVAL_PADS.fp

John G
--
Ecosensory   Austin TX