Re: gEDA-user: Trouble with an usb oscilloscope

Hello Eric,

The ISP1581 has an 8 KB of FIFO. 6KB are allocated as a double buffer
for isochronous transfer via DMA. The DMA circuit does the job of
getting the data from outside, put it into RAM and validating it for
transmission. The samples does not need to reach into the ATmega162 mcu RAM.

What worries me is that the DMA may try to send something outside,
creating a conflict with the A/D outputs (this DMA has a lot of other
options specially for computer hard disk devices). This is my assumption
for not getting enough speed. But until now no smoke.