Re: gEDA-user: SFP modules to FPGA

Larry Doolittle wrote:
> Friends -
>
> Just wondering how lazy I can be:
>   Has anyone here made an SFP footprint for PCB?
>     (SFP = Small Form-factor Pluggable transceiver, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SFP_transceiver)
>     (e.g., AMP UE75-A20-3000T plus U77-A4114-2001)
>   Has anyone here connected such a device to
>     a Xilinx XC5VxXxxT?
> I assume the answer is no, but I thought I'd check.
>
> What's the largest FPGA/BGA package this community has
> laid out with PCB?  I've done 256, and I assume others
> have done bigger.  I want to at least do some design
> studies on an XC5VLX50T-FF1136.  Scary!
>
>    - Larry

Hi Larry -

I made an SFP footprint couple of years ago for a project. As I recall,
this is a 20 pin DIP package with .8mm pitch - I think I modified one of
John Luciani's existing footprints. Incidentally, the same footprint
should be usable for SFP+ style connectors.

Let me look back through the retired files and see if I can find it.

Best

Marvin Dickens