Re: gEDA-user: External attribute read/write - how?

Frank,

First, there is the geda library libgeda. libgeda more or less defines
the internal data structures and many of the methods for controling
these data structures. However, libgeda is somewhat convoluted. It would
be possible to write an application that makes use of libgeda and then
extends it by including some sort of externally expossed api.

Another option would be to have an external application that has access
to your postgres database write a series of gschem scripts and run them
as a batch against gnetlist.

Another option would be to have an external application that has access
to your postgres database connect to gnetlist and run gnetlist in
interactive mode but have your new application take over the standard
input/output.

The same can be done against my modified version.

Steve Meier