Re: gEDA-user: Size of symbols

On Oct 29, 2008, at 3:04 PM, Dave McGuire wrote:

> On Oct 29, 2008, at 5:02 PM, John Luciani wrote:
>>> Should I adjust the size of the symbols or the size of title-B.sym?
>>> What is the correct way and how do I do that?
>>
>> I would adjust the size of the symbols. The standard symbols seem a
>> bit too big
>> for me as well.

That's not the paradigm. The way gEDA works is that you keep the
symbol size constant in gEDA's arbitrary units, and make the extent
of your page what you want to shrink them to the size you want.

I personally find title-B about right for letter or A4 paper with the
existing symbols. I like modules I can comprehend, not spaghetti
going all over the place. I also don't want to give the bifocals too
much of a workout ;-)

Note that you don't have to use a titleblock at all. Some of my
collaborators just put in cvstitleblock-1.sym with no frame, so the
schematic just fills whatever page it's printed on.

http://www.noqsi.com/
jpd@xxxxxxxxx