Re: gEDA-user: View->Displayed element name->Value

On Thu, 2008-10-30 at 16:47 +0000, Eduardo Santana wrote:
> Hi guys,
>

> Ah, and another thing yet!. I got to a point where I had to delete the
> ground plane layer and rebuild it/regroup it because after some
> retouches, the ground plane got completely twisted. By times not even
> turning off `thin draw poly' I could see it at all.
>
> I've just noticed that not letting routes lay too near from components
> (especially when it will stay in parallel with such components' pins)
> will somehow cause the logic to confuse less.

Save -> Reload the PCB layout is a common way to cure that, less drastic
than deleting and re-building the power planes.

This said, this is of course not what we want, and a lot of these bugs
got fixed recently. What version of PCB are you using?

If you feel able, building a version of PCB from CVS is a good way to
get all the latest bug fixes.

https://sourceforge.net/cvs/?group_id=73743

cvs -d:pserver:anonymous@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:/cvsroot/pcb login

When prompted for a password for anonymous, simply press the Enter key.

cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:/cvsroot/pcb co -P  PCB

> Now, I'm just curious cose Delorie said that I can disable the layer
> so (I understood) it won't be rendered at output time time even if it
> got things drawn on it.
>
> However, I don't seem to be able to achieve it. The only way I could
> think of disabling a layer is pressing on it's name up in the upper
> left hand side stack behind the menu bar, but then it get's written to
> the output file (postscript is what I'm using).
>
> Is there anyway to avoid this?

No, clicking on the name in the layer stack doesn't prevent it from
being output, it prevents it from being rendered on-screen.

You might wish to print to separate .ps files, then re-join the ones you
want with something like "psjoin" (or other various scripts you can find
with Google).

Best wishes,

--
Peter Clifton