Re: gEDA-user: OT: Anderson Powerpoles?

On Fri, 1 Sep 2006 11:50:11 -0700
"Samuel A. Falvo II" <sam.falvo@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I know this is a bit off-topic, but I'm trying to find anyone who has
> experience with Anderson PowerPole connectors.  What is your
> impression of them, and would you recommend them to others?  For what
> prices can they be had for?  I read one day a QST article that spoke
> very glowingly of them, but really gave no comparisons to other power
> connector technologies.
>
> If anyone has any input on this, you can e-mail me privately if you wish.

I have used this style of powerpoles in my R/C vehicles.  They are great in that they can be configured in ways so that connecting it backwards is impossible.   THe only thing I didn't like about them is that they are difficult to solder.  If you try and crimp them before soldering, they bend in such a way that they no longer fit in the plastic housing properly. I found using the maximum wire gauge for the connector and tinning both the wire and the contact takes care of the issue.

-Lares