Re: gEDA-user: OT: Anderson Powerpoles?

On 9/1/06, Samuel A. Falvo II <sam.falvo@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I know this is a bit off-topic, but I'm trying to find anyone who has
experience with Anderson PowerPole connectors.  What is your
impression of them, and would you recommend them to others?  For what
prices can they be had for?  I read one day a QST article that spoke
very glowingly of them, but really gave no comparisons to other power
connector technologies.

We used these in a 200A power supply that I was working on at Vicor. They are nice power connectors. They require a fair amount of insertion force and a very large iron to solder (or an expensive crimp tool).

I usually see these at the MIT Flea Market for around $10-20 for a two
pole mated
pair with two foot long cables (I believe the contacts are ~75A). You
may want to try RV dealers or solar power retailers.

(* jcl *)