Re: gEDA-user: smd challenge parts

> I'd use the 'N' footprints.  The pad area for a good solder foot is
> large enough.  If you go with the 'M' footprints, you may find that
> your parts tombstone too easily since the amount of solder on the pad
> will be great.

My thought was that a bigger footprint would give you room to get a
soldering iron in there.  The 01005's are only 16 mils LONG.  My
soldering iron tip is 20 mils.  So even on the M footprints, there's
only about 9 mils of pad showing.  For the 0201-M, there's 14 mils
showing, etc.

> OTOH, the 'L' footprints are definitely too small.

Oh, yeah.  Definitely.