Re: gEDA-user: CPLDs and other high-density logic chips...

Samuel,

I have worked with least two different options you might be able to use.
First of all, I haven't tried this, but I believe that you can compile
Xilinx FPGA's directly from Icarus, as this program apparently was done
in cooperation with Xilinx.  I have used Xilinx FPGA's, and I can
recommend them highly, with the exception that the ones I have used are
volatile and require a serial PROM to load them when the power is
applied.

As a second option, I have used Lattice devices as well, but I have not
been able to program these from Icarus and have had to purchase ispLEVER
to accomplish the programming.  These units do have the advantage of
being non-volatile, so that problem doesn't exist with Lattice.

I have also (several years in the past) used Actel FPGA's.  Again, they
work well, are non-volatile, but would require their own compiler.

Hope this helps.

	Harold Skank