Re: gEDA-user: Barrie Gilbert

On Wednesday 06 September 2006 06:55, Dan McMahill wrote:
> Bob Paddock wrote:
> >He recommended an obscure
> > division technique instead.  I'll dig the paper up this evening.

"Instantaneous filterless AM demodulation with an analog divider."
by Brunner, Eberhard; Gilbert, Barrie.
Electronic Design Analog Applications Issue November 18, 1996 page 71 & 72.

Makes reference to "B. Gilbert,
'New Analogue Multiplier Opens Way to Powerful Function-Synthesis,' Microelectronics, Vol. 8, No. 1, London,
1976."  I'll put in a request at the library next time I'm going that direction...

"Amplitude Modulation (AM) is implemented by multiplication; it follows that demodulation ought to use division.
In practice, however, the required element - a low-cost four-quadrant divider (4QD) - has not been available."

Circuit uses two AD633s, to make the divider.

--
 http://www.softwaresafety.net/ http://www.designer-iii.com/
                 http://www.unusualresearch.com/