Re: gEDA-user: Barrie Gilbert

Harry Eaton wrote:
Dan McMahill wrote:

Bonus points to anyone who can name the real inventor of the mixer in question here. Hint: It wasn't Gilbert even though it's called a Gilbert cell.

H. Jones I believe. Bob Widlar didn't design that particular cell structure nor specifically generalize the trans-linear principle early on, but he was among the first to design circuits that actually used the translinear behavior of monolithic transistors.

We have a winner! As far as I know, Jones was the first to use that mixer.

-Dan