Re: gEDA-user: diagnosing toner transfer problems

I've got 2 bun toasters, (made for 8 hamburger bun halves at a time), I salvaged with that in mind, but am not wont to endure the huge heat and power sucking they would cause...

Another salvaged heater that might help this kind of approach is a metal film heater elements behind pyrex glass thing used to reflow solder once upon a time.

Hear anything about such heaters putting out IR heat rather than contact heat, and how that works with toner fusing? I'm thinking pressure would stress them as is... they're too big. I'd have to make a cut down version sized to the board size you want to fuse onto to keep the pressure from cracking the glass.

No trouble with the solid metal bun warmer plates. But they would need something like a silicone blanket to transfer pressure evenly...

John G

DJ Delorie wrote:
I'd guess motion and time with heat smushed it.

That seems to be the diagnosis on usenet, too. I've cleaned it off and tomorrow I'm going to try a hotplate trick I read about which might be more predictable.