Re: gEDA-user: AT90S2313

On 9/11/06, Jeff VR <jffvnrkl@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I've been working on my first design as well and had a similar question when using the ATMEG64 micro. What I found with many of the IC's I use in the library is that they were created with these pins assigned by default to the Vcc and Vdd nets. Since these pins are assigned by default the author, in an effort to reduce clutter on the symbol, didn't draw these pins and made the net attributes invisible.

Oh.. I see. Thanks for the info.

If you select the symbol, right click and go down into the symbol you
can view these attributes.  Then press 'e n' (Show invisible) followed
by 'v e' (View Extents) you should see that the symbol has net
attributes which assign these pins to the power and ground nets.  Be
sure to go up out of the symbol without saving.  Someone else may be
able to suggest an easier way to view this information.

Yes, I am able to see the "net" attributes now. Thanks.

In my case I wanted to add some decoupling caps to the supply's of these
devices so I modified the symbol to include these pins and deleted the
default net assignments.

So, is it okay if I just tie a symbol Vcc to the point to which I want to route pin 20 (Vdd)?

Thanks a lot.

--
 Ramakrishnan - VU3RDD